WI Favourite Links - our most used sites.
The WI Federation. To learn more about the WI organisation as a whole and what help is offered, visit the WI National web site above. There are lots of interesting pages and sections with links to other WI member groups web sites around the country. Why not have a browse and pick up ideas for Kingston & Southmoor WI and make contact with other WI groups.
The OFWI was set up in 1919 in order to guide, assist, form and encourage WIs specifically within Oxfordshire whilst benefiting from being part of a large nationwide organisation and all the resources it has to offer.
The largest international organisation for rural women.ACWW has a uniquely down-to-earth approach, offering mutual support, friendship and practical help to its members.
Here are the local WIs we exchange visits with or are close to. Please note that these are internet links only. If a W.I. has no website then they are not listed.
Other WIs - with specific websites.
- Walton Manor WI - Oxford
- Brightwell-cum-Sotwell W.I.
- Otmoor W.I.
- East End WI
- Buns and Roses W I
- Stanwick W.I
WIs without a specific website but linked within their community website
Health and Leisure.
- NHS Direct - your gateway to health information on the internet
- Keep Trim - weekly Slimming Meetings with Weight loss Resources
- Tennis - keep up to date with what is going on
- Swimming - lots of details on swimming here - techniques etc.
- Country Markets (formerly WI Markets)are a valuable outlet for local creative talent. Well known for selling jams,chutneys, honey, cakes, eggs, vegetables, plants, craft work and clothing at reasonable prices.Many producers are members of the local WI Market Co-operative and all produce must meet their high standards in addition to the same statutory legal requirements as other retail outlets.
- Farmer’s Markets farmers, growers or producers from a defined local area are present in person to sell their own produce, direct to the public. All products sold should have been grown, reared, caught, brewed, pickled, baked, smoked or processed by the stallholder.
- Virtual Farmer's Markets This is Big Barn an online market giving consumers the opportunity to buy meat, game, fish, fruit and vegetables, cheese and dairy products, drink, bakers' products and even nursery plants direct from the people who produce them.
- Shopping online - this is the UK's biggest online shopping search engine and directory
Out & About.
- Planning a day out? The official site of Britain's mapping agency
- The Rambler's Association - find local walks
- The National Trust - times of opening and location of buildings and gardens
- Explore this green & pleasant land - pick the attraction you wish to visit.
- Web building - Maybe you are interested in web design and wish to expand your knowledge. On this site you will find the subjects that are covered in the free classes by Cricket.
- Martha's Web - Martha says: I am still learning and I am proof that you never get too old to learn. I hope that you will find the answers you are looking for on my site, I made it for all of my friends that are computer newbies (and confused) and I hope you will use the information provided here to keep your computer running smooth as new, to become better informed about scams and be safe while surfing!
- Expression Web Facebook Page
- Pat Geary - Expression Web Tutorials & Templates - Expression Web is a professional design tool that will help YOU design standards compliant websites.
- Genealogy Web Creations -
- Gives YOU the tools to create and/or update your own genealogy website
- Offer personal assistance working with you in creating or updating your genealogy site
If you don't know your family history, you are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. ~ Michael Crichton ~